News

“Once More With Feeling” Big Band Tour announced

The ever vibrant GRAMMY-winning trumpeter and former Tonight Show band leader Doc Severinsen is back on tour – bringing His Big Band on the road for the first time in almost five years. Doc’s “Once More with Feeling” Big Band tour will be hitting the road this winter with concerts in Omaha NE (Feb 25), Manhattan KS (Feb 26), Lincoln NE (Feb 27), Brookings SD (Feb 28), Storm Lake IA (Feb 29) Cheyenne WY (Mar 2), Greeley CO (Mar 3) , Dallas TX (Mar 5), Edmond OK (Mar 8), Stillwater OK (Mar 9), Alma AR (Mar 10) and Springfield MO (Mar 11) with additional cities to be announced soon. Check back often for additional information.

Link to this article. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

12 Comments

1. Posted April 21, 2013 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

I was at the show at the Palladfium in Carmel,Indiana the other night. Doc can still blow with the best. We thought Vanessa was going to shatter some glass with her high notes and Stockton on Sing, Sing, Sing put Buddy Rich to shame. Great, high energy show.

2. Gene Douglas
    Posted May 16, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Doc’s singer is not just fantastic, she’s absolutely incredible. I’d like to see her on America’s Got Talent.

3. David Estus
    Posted April 16, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the Dallas show. i don’t have the words to express properly the experience! As a longtime Doc fan, this was my first attendance at a live show. Doc is awesome, to say the least! he has surrounded himself with a group of musicians second to none,especially Ernie Watts and Vanessa Thomas. What an outstanding show! Thank you for a wonderful experience, and hope there’s many more!

4. Melanie
    Posted March 24, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Permalink

My husband, 3 year old son and I saw you perform at the Dakota Jazz Clum in Minneapolis, MN! What an amazing night!! We stayed for both performances and it was electric. Doc is a gentleman, loved his stories & lights up the night. I hope you know how much I miss seeing you on The Tonight Show every night!!

5. Jerry Orendorff
    Posted March 10, 2012 at 12:01 am | Permalink

WOW WOW WOW !! What an amazing show last night in Edmond,Oklahoma. Sold out crowd in a great venue. Wonderful energy from Doc and all the guys & gals made for world class performance from world class musicians. What a thrill!! Doc just keeps on keepin’ on. Thanks, Doc for coming to our town. Hope you are able to come back soon & on a regular basis – at least annually! No, we ain’t goin’ quietly, like you said, Doc. You just contiune to amaze. Thanks.

6. Jim
    Posted March 9, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Saw you last evening at Armstrong Auditorium in Edmond. TERRIFIC!!!

7. Lee Schoenfeld
    Posted March 4, 2012 at 4:22 am | Permalink

The show in Omaha was GREAT! Everyone I talked to coming out the theater and at our nearby hotel were raving.

8. Posted March 3, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

We attended last evening’s concert in Cheyenne. It was fabulous! Doc and his 15 piece band plus an excellent singer kept us entertained from the first note of Johnny Carson’s Theme to the last note of the evening. I got a tear in my eye when they played “Here’s That Rainy Day”, Johnny’s favorite song he sang with Bette Midler on his second to the last show back in 1992.
    If you have an opportunity to go to a show, don’t miss it!!

9. Forrest and LaVonne
    Posted February 27, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

The concert in Manhattan, Kansas last night was GREAT!!! Vanessa Thomas is the BEST and
    was a Wonderful addition to your concert!!!

10. sham russell
    Posted February 27, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

I sat in the 3rd row at the Holland performance center last Sat. night and as 59 yr. old ,,and player of the trumpet, I can’t thank you enough for the wonderful evening of music with you and your guest band. I thought you did a great job as well as my wife and those sitting around us. I appreciated the fact that you stepped up to the plate and took the lead and did your best. I’m sure you will do well with the rest of the tour. Thank you again. Sincerely

11. Scott Winks
    Posted February 27, 2012 at 12:25 am | Permalink

Doc. Has inspired me since I was a child watching the tonight show with my grand parents. I now play trumpet professionally and teach music in public schools and privately. He continues to inspire.

12. Jeff Gehringer
    Posted November 15, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Permalink

Looking forward to the big band tour!